You are here
Insurance 

The BAC welcomes the investment of Montreal in infrastructure

by

Writing

5 February 2018 11:30

The insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) welcomed the announcement of the City of Montreal that it will increase the funds allocated to the refurbishment of the underground infrastructure and the improvement of water services and roads.

The BAC indicates that the increase in the frequency of extreme weather events in recent years has revealed the fragility of the infrastructure in some places. It also stresses that the failure of the municipal infrastructure is at the origin of 60 % of the damage caused by water. «The remaining 40% are due, for their part, to leakage or breakage of plumbing, or plumbing fixtures inside the home,» adds the TRAY.

Reduce the number of claims

«The actions of the City of Montreal will certainly help to reduce the number of claims and thus to improve the quality of life of its residents. In making the repair of the underground infrastructure in a dilapidated one of its priorities, the City of Montreal sends the signal that it understands the urgency to act in order to adapt to our climate reality of today and tomorrow, » says the vice-president, Québec of the TRAY, Johanne Lamanque.

According to the IBC, the damage caused by the water are for the past ten years, the leading cause of claims on home insurance. In Quebec, more than 500 million of dollars are paid out each year to cover such damages.

Related posts

Leave a Comment

Яндекс.Метрика